MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
Product Name: De-Mite Laundry
Additive Product No. 80008
| 1. CHEMICAL PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION
- Product Name: De-Mite laundry additive
- Emergency phone: Chemtrec: 800-424-9300
- Company: Allerpet, Inc.
New York, NY 10021-0054
- Date Prepared: 6-1-99 Supersedes: New Prepared by: JAS
| 2. COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
% by Weight
|1. Linear Alcohol
|4. Tea Tree Oil
||OSHA-PEL - 3 ppm
ACGIH-TLV -3 ppm
| 3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
WARNING:. Causes eye irritation. May cause skin
irritation with prolonged contact. Inhalation of mist may cause
irritation to respiratory tract. Avoid contact with eyes and prolonged
contact with skin . Wash thoroughly after handling. Do not take
EFFECTS of OVEREXPOSURE:
IARC: NO OSHA: NO
- EYES: May cause severe eye irritation.
- SKIN: Repeated or prolonged contact may cause skin irritation.
- INHALATION: Mist may cause irritation to mucous membranes and
- INGESTION: May result in gastric disturbances.
- CHRONIC EFFECTS and MEDICAL CONDITIONS: The effects of long-term,
low-level exposures to this product have not been determined. This
product may aggravate existing eye, skin and respiratory conditions.
- EYES: Flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Get
- SKIN: Flush with water. Remove contaminated clothing. Launder
contaminated clothing before reuse.
- INHALATION: Remove to fresh air.
- INGESTION: If swallowed, give several glasses of water. Do not induce
vomiting. If vomiting does occur, give fluids again and keep head below hips
to help prevent aspiration. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious
person. Get immediate medical attention.
| 5. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
- SMALL SPILLS: Soak up small spills with inert solids. Use suitable
disposal container. CAUTION: Floor may become slippery.
- Handle according to good manufacturing and warehousing practices. Use
good personal hygiene practices. Wash hand before eating, drinking, smoking
or using toilet facilities. Promptly remove soiled clothing and wash
thoroughly before reuse. Store only in tightly closed containers away from
| 7. EXPOSURE CONTROLS / PERSONAL PROTECTION
- EYE PROTECTION: Avoid splashing. Wear chemical-resistant safety goggles
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: No occupational exposure standards have been
developed for this material.
- VENTILATION: Either local exhaust or general room ventilation is usually
| 8. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- APPEARANCE: Clear, light-yellow, viscous foamy liquid.
- BOILING POINT: >100C @ 1ATM
- FREEZE/MELT POINT: Not determined.
- VAPOR PRESSURE (mm): Not determined
- VAPOR DENSITY (air=1): Not determined.
- EVAPORATION RATE: Not determined.
- SOLUBILITY IN WATER: Dispersible
- SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 1.0065 @ 25C
- DENSITY: 8.4 lb./gal. @ 25C
- pH( as is ): 8.0-9.0
- ODOR: Medicinal Mint.
- ODOR THRESHOLD (ppm): Not determined.
| 9. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
- CHEMICAL STABILITY (CONDITIONS TO AVOID): Stable.
- INCOMPATIBILITY: Strong acids, strong oxidizers and excessive heat.
- HAZARDOUS POLYMERIZATION: None.
| 10. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
- No LD50 or LC50 found for oral, dermal or inhalation routes of
| 11. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
- ECOTOXICOLOGICAL / CHEMICAL FATE INFORMATION: Not available.
| 12. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS
- RCRA: This product, if disposed as shipped, is not considered a
hazardous waste as specified in 40 CFR 261.
- Dispose in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
| 13. TRANSPORT INFORMATION
- SHIPPING NAME: Compound, Cleaning, Liquid
- HAZARD CLASS: Not regulated as HAZMAT.
- ID #: N/A
- PACKING GROUP: N/A
- LABEL: N/A
| 14. REGULATORY INFORMATION
- This material does not contain nor was it manufactured using
U.S. FEDERAL REGULATIONS:
- TSCA STATUS: All ingredients on Toxic Substance Control Act
- CERCLA REPORTABLE QUANTITY: None
- SARA TITLE III:
- Section 302 Extremely Hazardous Substances: None.
- Section 311/312 Hazardous Categories: Immediate (Acute)
- Section 313 Toxic Chemicals: Diethanolamine (111-42-2)
- RCRA STATUS: Based on chemical composition and pH (40 CFR Sec.
261.22), this material is not classified as a hazardous waste if
disposed as shipped.
- All label precautions must be observed when handling, storing and
transporting empty containers due to product residues. Do not reuse this
container unless it is professionally cleaned and reconditioned.
- U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, NIOSH: Registry of Toxic
Effects of Chemical Substances, 1985-86 Edition.
- Sax, N. Irving and Lewis, R.J.: Dangerous Properties of
Industrial Materials, 7th Edition, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., 1989.
- Lewis, R.J.: Hawley�s Condensed Chemical Dictionary,12th
Edition, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., 1993.
- U.S. Dept. of Transportation, U.S. Coast Guard: CHRIS Hazardous
Chemical Data, 1982.
- U.S. Dept. of Labor, OSHA: Air Contaminants - Permissible
Exposure Limits, 1989.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA): Fire Protection
Guide on Hazardous Materials (NFPA 325M/49/491M/704), 9th Edition,
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA): Hazardous Materials
Response Handbook, Henry, M.F., Editor, 1989.
- Merck & Co., Inc.: The Merck Index, 11th Edition, 1989.
Information herein is given in good faith as authoritative and valid;
no warranty, express or implied can be made.